Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
The answers are here for your questions about International Journal of Occupational Safety and Health (IJOSH). If you have any questions which are not answered here, please feel free to contact the Managing editor.
What types of articles are published in IJOSH?
- Original Articles
- Review Articles
- Field Reports
- Short Communications
- Letters to the editor
How can I submit my manuscript to IJOSH?
Your submissions can be submitted online by registering as an author. Click the Register link at the top of the page and complete the registration form. You will then be able to log onto the site to submit your manuscript using the 5 step submission process.
How to obtain a print version of the journal?
IJOSH is an open access online and print journal. You can download the PDF version of all the articles from the journal website. You need to subscribe to the print version of the journal to obtain a print version. Please contact the journal editor to subscribe to the print version.
Who retains copyright of the open access articles and what license is it published under?
With effect from Volume 8 No 2 (2018) issue, copyright in all material submitted for publication in the journal is vested to the authors under attribution CC BY-NC.
Can I re-publish the articles with other journals which are already published in IJOSH?
The articles published in IJOSH may be freely used in any form for non-profit uses.
Can I use the material from articles published in IJOSH?
Open Access Archiving Permissions
- The author(s) may archive the Publisher’s version/PDF in any institutional repository, open or closed.
- There is no embargo that prevents an author from archiving the Publisher’s version/PDF.
- Author(s) re-use of the Publisher’s version/PDF as part of a Thesis/Dissertation can be archived in any institutional repository, open or closed, provided it is noncommercial.
Open Access Re-use Permissions
The author(s) may republish the Publisher’s version/PDF in a non-commercial book if written or edited by the contributing author(s).
- The author(s) may re-use the Publisher’s version/PDF as part of a Thesis/Dissertation written by the contributing author(s) provided the Thesis/Dissertation is not used for any commercial purpose. The Publisher’s version/PDF, as part of a Thesis/Dissertation, can be archived in any institutional repository, open or closed, provided it is noncommercial. The Publisher’s version/PDF, as part of a Thesis/Dissertation, can be distributed via any noncommercial database, repository, or website.
Open Access Distribution Permissions
- The author(s) may supply Publisher’s version/PDF to students/use the article for teaching purposes.
- The author(s) may supply Publisher’s version/PDF to a research colleague at an academic institution.
- The author(s) may supply Publisher’s version/PDF to authorities for institutional funding evaluations and rankings (such as the RAE).
- The Publisher’s version/PDF may appear on the website of the author(s) institution or on the author(s) personal website, provided its use is noncommercial.
- The Publisher’s version/PDF may be posted on academic websites such academia.edu or ResearchGate, provided the use is noncommercial and provided that proper attribution is given to the creator(s) and the publisher, including copyright terms, as indicated above in Section IV, paragraph two.
- Author(s) re-use of the Publisher’s version/PDF as part of a Thesis/Dissertation can be distributed via any noncommercial database, repository, or website.
Is there any articles charge for Authors?
The authors do not need to pay any article submission fees.
IJOSH is now charging an article processing fee of US$ 50 (SAARC authors) and US$ 100 (other country authors) which is payable after the article is selected. Authors from Nepal are waived from the article processing fee. Authors from the low income countries may request for a waiver of the article processing fee or discounted article processing fee.
What are authors paying for?
Costs are involved for the publication process, digital typing and copy-editing; the author is asked to pay an article-processing charge.
When do I need to pay Article Processing Charges?
Article processing charges will have to be paid after the manuscript has been peer reviewed and accepted for publication. The corresponding author will be responsible for arranging the payments.
Will there be additional charges, especially if an article contains colour images?
IJOSH is an open-access online and print journal. There are no extra charges for the Colour Images online. We print black and white images only in print journal.